Mazola and Cuisinart Canada Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations
- PÉRIODE DU CONCOURS : Contest runs weekdays beginning on April 12, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ending on April 14, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Each day of the Contest Period (April 12, 13, 14) from 12:00 am ET to 11:59:59 pm ET will constitute its own entry period (each a “Daily Entry Period”).
- ADMISSIBILITÉ: Le Concours est ouvert uniquement aux : (a) résidents légaux du Canada (excluant le Québec); (b) qui ont atteint l'âge légal de la majorité dans leur province/territoire de résidence au moment de l'inscription ; et, (c) avoir accès à Internet (qui peut être consulté gratuitement dans certaines installations publiques, par exemple, les bibliothèques publiques) et un compte Instagram (chacun, un "Compte”) (qui peut être obtenu gratuitement en visitant www.instagram.com et en suivant les instructions à l'écran pour créer un compte Instagram gratuit). Employés, représentants ou agents d'ACH Food Companies, Inc. ("ACH”), Cuisinart Canada Conair LLC. (“Cuisinart”)(collectively ACH and Cuisinart are the “Sponsors”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively the “Entités du concours”), et les membres du ménage de l'une des personnes ci-dessus, ne sont pas éligibles pour participer au concours.3. COMMENT PARTICIPER : Aucun achat n'est nécessaire. On each of the Daily Entry Periods, ACH will post a Contest-related post on the official Bake Good Canada Instagram page (@bakegoodcanada) (the “Contest Post”) inviting entrants to like the post and tag one (1) friend for a chance to win a Daily Prize Pack (as described below).
Afin de recevoir une (1) participation (un « Entrée”) into the Contest for a specific Daily Prize Pack, eligible individuals will be required to take the following three steps during the corresponding Daily Entry Period:
- Like the Contest Post;
- Mention one (1) friend using @ and their Instagram handles in a comment to the Contest Post (an “Entry Post”). You can only comment on each Contest Post one (1) time, but you can enter on Contest Posts for subsequent Daily Entry Periods (for greater certainty, you can enter on a maximum of three Contest Posts). The following conditions apply:
- you may only mention a friend once throughout the Contest Period, even if that friend has multiple Instagram handles;
- you only mention a friend that you reasonably believe would not consider the mention to be “spam” (that is, unsolicited/unwanted) — you should reasonably believe that your friend would be interested in the Sponsors; and,
- all Entry Posts must comply with Instagram’s posting requirements and the submission requirements set out below in these Official Rules and must not contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsors wish to associate (all as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion).
- SI UN POSTE D'INSCRIPTION EST AFFICHÉ D'UNE MANIÈRE AUTRE QUE CELLE INDIQUÉE DANS LE PRÉSENT RÈGLEMENT OFFICIEL, IL NE CONSTITUERA PAS UNE INSCRIPTION VALIDE.
- Follow both @bakegoodcanada and @cuisinartcanada on Instagram throughout the Contest Period and until confirmed if selected as a prize winner.
Only one (1) Account per person may be used to enter the Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsors) that any person has attempted to use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities email addresses, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
Only Accounts associated with an individual may be used for entry in this Contest; entries received from an Account associated with any organization, company, corporation, partnership or other entity will be void. Entry Posts must be posted and received and identifiable by and viewable to Sponsors during the applicable Daily Entry Period and at the time of winner selection and prize award for this Contest to be eligible. Sponsors, at their sole discretion, may accept or disqualify an Entry Post that either fails to completely address the required prompt or contains content that is: (i) superfluous and/or not truthful to the required content or (ii) otherwise violates these Official Rules. Entry Posts that are not both actually visible and timely received by Sponsors will not be entered into the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, Entries are “received” when Instagram records your Entry Post and it is visible to Sponsors.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any Entry that Sponsors deem to be inappropriate, not in good taste, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.The Sponsors further reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsors deem necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsors in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
The Sponsors will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, inaccessible, garbled or incomplete Entries, which will be void. Receipt of entries may be acknowledged by Sponsors; however, such acknowledgment (or the retention of an Entry Post on the Bake Good Canada Instagram account page) shall not constitute any representation by Sponsors as to eligibility for the Contest nor will it be otherwise binding upon Sponsors. All Entries become the property of the Sponsors upon receipt.
IMPORTANT: It is each participant’s sole responsibility to timely check his or her Account for any direct messages, direct posts, or @Replies (as applicable) from Sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for changes to Instagram (or any website or mobile application offered as part of such platform) or its functionality that may interfere with the Contest or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate at all.
ENTRY POSTS/ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSORS IN ANY MANNER. SPONSORS ARE MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO POST TAGS AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME.
ENTRÉE MOBILE : Message and data rates (and perhaps other charges) may apply to use of mobile device for Contest entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier if participating in the Contest via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier’s pricing plan BEFORE participating in the Contest via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas. Sponsors will not be liable for any charges that any person incurs due to the way that they choose to enter the Contest if there is a cost associated with the method of entry.
- PRIX : There will be one daily prize pack (each a “Daily Prize Pack”) available to be won for each Daily Entry Period, for a total of three (3) Daily Prize Packs (the “Prizes”) as follows:
Daily Prize Pack for April 12, 2022 consists of a Cuisinart 6-piece Oceanware Collection kitchen tool set in teal and the Mazola Portfolio (consisting of Mazola Corn Oil 1.18L; Mazola Vegetable Oil 1.18L; Mazola Canola Oil 1.18L; and Mazola RightBlend Oil 1.18L). The approximate retail value of this Daily Prize Pack is $78.67 CAD.
Daily Prize Pack for April 13, 2022 consists of a Cuisinart Contact Griddler with Smoke-Less Mode and the Mazola Portfolio (consisting of Mazola Corn Oil 1.18L; Mazola Vegetable Oil 1.18L; Mazola Canola Oil 1.18L; and Mazola RightBlend Oil 1.18L). The approximate retail value of this Daily Prize Pack is $228.67 CAD.
Daily Prize Pack for April 14, 2022 consists of a Cuisinart 8-piece vintage hand hammered tri-ply cookware set, a Cuisinart 6-piece Oceanware Collection kitchen tool set in teal and the Mazola Portfolio (consisting of Mazola Corn Oil 1.18L; Mazola Vegetable Oil 1.18L; Mazola Canola Oil 1.18L; and Mazola RightBlend Oil 1.18L). The approximate retail value of this Daily Prize Pack is $728.66CAD.
All elements of the Prizes that are not specified above are at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute another prize or prize component of equal or greater value, without liability, for any reason. Prizes will be mailed to confirmed winners. The Released Parties (as defined below) are completely released of any responsibility and liability in that regard.
- TIRAGES : Random draws will be held on each day immediately following a Daily Entry Period at 10:00 a.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario from all eligible Entries received during the applicable Daily Entry Period to select one (1) potential winner who will be eligible to win the Daily Prize Pack that corresponds with the Daily Entry Period. Provided that content of the Entry selected is in compliance with these Official Rules (Rule 3 above), the content of the Entry Post will not be taken into account in the winner selection process. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during each Daily Entry Period in accordance with these Official Rules.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: Each potential prize winner will be notified by direct messaging through Instagram immediately after the draw. If a potential winner does not respond to the Sponsors as indicated within message within twenty-four (24) hours of the time of initial notification, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate potential winner from the same pool of entries.
Before being declared an official prize winner, each selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and may be required to sign and return the Sponsors’ form of declaration and release form on the timeline indicated by the Sponsors. By accepting a Prize, each winner: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Contest Parties, Instagram, LLC (“Instagram »), et chacun de leurs actionnaires, administrateurs, dirigeants, employés et agents respectifs (collectivement les « Parties libérées”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsors in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
If the selected entrant: (a) fails to sign and return the declaration and release form within the timeline indicated by the Sponsors (if applicable); (b) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (c) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate potential winner from the same pool of entries. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill-testing mathematical question, he/she will forfeit all rights to the Prize and the Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate potential winner from the same pool of entries.
- GÉNÉRAL: The Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of any app or website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, Entry Post, direct message, to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or filtering/operation of the functionality of Instagram, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal laws.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind without prior notice or obligation.
- INSTAGRAM DISCLAIMER: This promotion is in no way sponsored, organized, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used to administer the Contest in accordance with the Sponsors’ privacy policies. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsors and not Instagram.