- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins Monday, April 3, 2023 (the “Contest Start Date”) at 9:00:00 a.m. (ET) and runs for a period of five (5) days, each commencing at 9:00:00 a.m. (ET) each day (starting with the Contest Start Date) and ending as of 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) the same day (each, a “Daily Contest Period”). The period commencing on the Contest Start Date and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday, April 7, 2023 is hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Period”.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to: (a) legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec); (b) who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry; and, (c) have internet access (which can be accessed for free at certain public facilities, for example, public libraries) and an Instagram account (each, an “Account”) (which can be obtained for free by visiting www.instagram.com and following the on-screen instructions to register for a free Instagram Account). Employees, representatives or agents of ACH Food Companies, Inc. (“ACH” or the “Sponsor”) its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively the “Contest Entities”), and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary. During the Contest Period, ACH will post a Contest-related post on the official Mazola Canada Instagram page (@mazolacanada) (the “Contest Post”) inviting entrants to like the Contest Post and tag one (1) friend in a comment for a chance to win a Prize (as described below).
In order to receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the applicable Daily Draw (see Rule 5 below) for the Prize for the applicable Daily Contest Period, eligible individuals will be required to take the following three (3) steps during the applicable Daily Contest Period:
- Like the Contest Post;
- Mention one (1) friend using @ and their Instagram handle in a comment to the Contest Post (an “Entry Post”). The entrant will receive one (1) Entry for the applicable Daily Contest Period for each Entry Post that complies with these Rules that is made by the entrant during the applicable Daily Contest Period. There is no limit to the number of Entry Posts an entrant may make during the applicable Daily Contest Period, but each Entry Post must be a unique Entry Post (i.e. the same friend may not be mentioned in more than one Entry Post), must be the original work of the entrant and must otherwise comply with these Official Rules. The following conditions apply to each Entry Post:
- all Entry Posts must comply with Instagram’s posting requirements and the submission requirements set out below in these Official Rules and must not contain any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images with which Sponsor wishes to associate (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
- IF AN ENTRY POST IS POSTED IN ANY MANNER OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, IT WILL NOT CONSTITUTE A VALID ENTRY.
- Follow @mazolacanada on Instagram throughout the applicable Daily Contest Period and until confirmed, if selected, as a Prize winner (Note: you can un-follow at any time after the Daily Contest Period ends without impacting your chances of winning in respect of that applicable Daily Contest Period, but to be eligible for the Daily Draw for any subsequent Daily Contest Period, you must follow @mazolacanada on Instagram throughout the applicable Daily Contest Period).
Only one (1) Account per person may be used to enter the Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities email addresses, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she/they may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
Only Accounts associated with an individual may be used for entry in this Contest; entries received from an Account associated with any organization, company, corporation, partnership or other entity will be void. Entry Posts must be posted and received and identifiable by and viewable to Sponsor during the applicable Weekly Contest Period and at the time of winner selection and prize award for this Contest to be eligible. Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may accept or disqualify an Entry Post that either fails to completely address the required prompt or contains content that is: (i) superfluous and/or not truthful to the required content or (ii) otherwise violates these Official Rules. Entry Posts that are not both actually visible and timely received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, Entries are “received” when Instagram records your Entry Post and it is visible to Sponsor.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject any Entry that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, not in good taste, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.The Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, inaccessible, garbled or incomplete Entries, which will be void. Receipt of entries may be acknowledged by Sponsor; however, such acknowledgment (or the retention of an Entry Post on the Bake Good Canada Instagram account page) shall not constitute any representation by Sponsor as to eligibility for the Contest nor will it be otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt.
IMPORTANT: It is each participant’s sole responsibility to timely check his or her account for any direct messages, direct posts, or @Replies (as applicable) from Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Instagram (or any website or mobile application offered as part of such platform) or its functionality that may interfere with the Contest or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate at all.
ENTRY POSTS/ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO POST TAGS AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME.
MOBILE ENTRY: Message and data rates (and perhaps other charges) may apply to use of mobile device for Contest entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier if participating in the Contest via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier’s pricing plan BEFORE participating in the Contest via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas. Sponsor will not be liable for any charges that any person incurs due to the way that he/she/they choose to enter the Contest if there is a cost associated with the method of entry.
- PRIZE: There will be a total of five (5) Daily prize packs (each, a “Prize”) (one (1) Prize per Daily Contest Period) available to be won, as set forth below. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person and per Account in the Contest.
Prize 1 (Daily Contest Period 1): one (1) vegetable chopper, one (1) cooking utensil set, two (2) 1.18L Mazola oils, one (1) Mazola Apron, one (1) Mazola cutting board. The approximate retail value is $157.92 CAD.
Prize 2 (Daily Contest Period 2): one (1) griddle pan, one (1) batter dispenser, one (1) egg frying pan, one (1) 1.18L Mazola oil, one (1) Mazola Apron, one (1) Mazola cutting board. The approximate retail value is $166.83 CAD.
Prize 3 (Daily Contest Period 3): one (1) cast iron skillet pan set, one (1) tongs set, one (1) 1.18L Mazola oil, one (1) Mazola Apron, one (1) Mazola cutting board. The approximate retail value is $180.30 CAD.
Prize 4 (Daily Contest Period 4): one (1) food processor, four (4) 1.18L Mazola oils, one (1) Mazola Apron, one (1) Mazola cutting board. The approximate retail value is $252.39 CAD.
Prize 5 (Daily Contest Period 5): one (1) cookware set, four (4) 1.18L Mazola oils, one (1) Mazola Apron, one (1) Mazola cutting board. The approximate retail value is $242.39 CAD.
All elements of the Prize that are not specified above are at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, is not transferable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute another prize or prize component of equal or greater value, without liability, for any reason. Prizes will be mailed to confirmed winner. The Released Parties (as defined below) are completely released of any responsibility and liability in that regard.
- DRAW: A random draw will be held at 9:01:00 a.m. (ET) in Toronto, Ontario every morning following the end of the immediately preceding Daily Contest Period, from all eligible Entries received during the immediately preceding Daily Contest Period, to select one (1) potential winner who will be eligible to win the Prize. Provided that content of the Entry selected is in compliance with these Official Rules (Rule 3 above), the content of the Entry Post will not be taken into account in the winner selection process. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Daily Contest Period in accordance with these Official Rules.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & CONFIRMATION: The potential prize winner will be notified by direct messaging through Instagram immediately after the draw. If the potential winner does not respond to the Sponsor as indicated within such message within forty-eight (48) hours of the time of initial notification, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she/they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential winner from among eligible Entries received during the applicable Weekly Contest Period.
Before being declared an official prize winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (or other genuine alternative skill-testing question, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid (which may, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or be set out in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release) and may be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release form on the timeline indicated by the Sponsor. By accepting the Prize, the winner: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Contest Parties, Instagram, LLC (“Instagram”), and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
If the selected entrant: (a) fails to sign and return the declaration and release form within the timeline indicated by the Sponsor (if applicable); (b) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize as awarded for any reason; and/or (c) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she/they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential winner. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill-testing mathematical question, he/she/they will forfeit all rights to the Prize and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential winner.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY POST) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE SPONSOR AND THE OTHER RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING: (I) THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY POST); (II) PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITIES; (III) ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND/OR (IV) IF DECLARED THE WINNER, THE PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE). THE SPONSOR AND ALL OF THE OTHER RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT OTHERWISE FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR THE INSTAGRAM SOCIAL PLATFORM RULES (AS APPLICABLE). THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZES.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Entry Posts they make to obtain an Entry:
- are original to them;
- do not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- do not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
- are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that such Entry Materials will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Entry Posts must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained — note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor and/or its promotional agency or designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) reserves the right to screen all Entry Posts. Any Entry Posts that the Reviewer deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to attempt to remove any Entry Posts (or any part thereof) and/or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit their Entry Posts (or any part thereof) in order to help ensure that the Entry Posts comply with these Official Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry Posts (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant) – to help ensure that the Contest is being conducted in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Official Rules.
- GENERAL: The Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of any app or website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, Entry Post, direct message, to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or filtering/operation of the functionality of Instagram, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal laws.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind without prior notice or obligation.