- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann’s® Baking Powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Twining’s® Peppermint tea bags, loose tea only
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk
Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 cup Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer
- Piping bag and decorating tip
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and loose tea in a bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the oil and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 15 seconds, stir, microwave another 15 seconds, then continue to stir until all the chocolate chips have melted, set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl combine butter and sugar, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, stir in melted chocolate. With the mixer on low speed, add in a bit of the flour mixture and then half of the milk, alternating additions until well blended.
- Portion batter into baking cups, filling each ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely prior to frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the butter until light and fluffy, add in the cream cheese and continue to beat until smooth, slowly add the icing sugar and peppermint extract.
- Do not over beat, just until it is smooth and holds it shape, add additional icing sugar if needed. Fill a piping bag fitted with your favourite decorating tip and swirl the top of each cupcake.
- Best eaten same day or within three days. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container; allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- **TIP** You can try adding a couple drops of green food colouring in frosting for more colourful cupcakes!