- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon leaf thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons black medium grind pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
STUFFING AND PORK:
- 1/4 cup Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 6 cups firm white bread, cubed, dried (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 12 to 16 bone tied, crown roast pork (about 8 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat corn oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions and 2 tablespoons of spice rub.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Add cranberries and apricots; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add bread cubes to cranberry-and-onion mixture and toss.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Rub remaining spice rub on exterior and interior of roast; transfer to a roasting pan.
- Fill cavity of roast with stuffing.
- Cover stuffing and rib tips with foil.
- Place on lower oven rack and bake at 350°F for 3-1/2 to 4 hours, or until roast is well browned and internal temperature is at least 155°F.
- Remove from oven and let roast rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the roast between the bones and serve with stuffing.