- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, halved and quartered
- 1/2 cups Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover by one inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to maintain a low boil. Cook until fork tender; about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just beginning to turn light golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain cooked potatoes reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Place cooked potatoes in large bowl.
- Add oil and garlic mixture, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Beat with electric mixer or mash until very smooth. Add small amounts of reserved liquid as needed for smooth consistency.