Gluten-Free Buckwheat Noodles
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1-¼ cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- ½ cup buckwheat flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix gluten-free flour, buckwheat flour and salt together.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and 2 tablespoons of oil together, add to flour and mix well.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface (using your Gluten-Free flour mix), knead for approximately 3-5 minutes or until smooth.
- If your mix is a little dry, add 1 teaspoon of oil at a time until you have dough that holds together.
- If it is too wet sprinkle your surface with more of your Gluten-Free flour as you are kneading.
- If you have a pasta machine feel free to use it at this point, follow the manufacturers instructions for making noodles.
- To make by hand, roll out dough as thin as possible, about 2mm thick.
- Dust pasta very lightly with gluten-free flour and roll up like a jelly roll and slice into noodles to your desired width, about ¼“ wide is perfect for fettuccine.
- Once your water is boiling carefully add all of your pasta to the water.
- Boil for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or al dente, you can test a piece to see if it is ready, carefully remove a strand from the pot and taste for doneness.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your noodles.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
- Pasta is best used immediately and cooked from fresh state.