- 350g ground pork
- 150g minced shrimp
- 50g each carrots, water chestnut, green onions & shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Rice paper (just enough to wrap the filling)
- 1.5 liters of Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 tbsp. calamansi juice
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Set aside.
- Pour hot water on a deep dish. Take a piece of rice paper and dip it in the water, just making sure that it gets wet. The paper will still be firm at this point.
- Place dipped rice paper on top of a tea towel. This is where you will assemble the rolls. Scoop some of the filling on to the bottom third of the rice paper, making a cylinder, about 1.5 inches thick. Start rolling from the bottom up.
- Once you reach about halfway through the paper, pull both the sides in, and tuck it under the roll, but make sure that the top flap is pointing in as you continue to roll.
- Place spring rolls in a parchment paper lined baking dish. The rolls will be very sticky at this point. Let it air dry or cool in the fridge uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- In a deep dutch pan, pour 1.5 liters of Mazola Corn Oil. Turn on heat to medium high and wait until temperature reaches a stage where there are very fast air bubbles going up and down a wooden spoon placed to the bottom of the pan. This is how you can tell that the oil is hot enough.
- Place each spring roll carefully, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. The rolls will be sticky at first until it starts bubbling up. You can use a tong or a chopstick to prevent the rolls from sticking to each other.
- Deep fry the rolls for about 15-20 minutes, or until the spring rolls start to bubble and gets a golden brown colour. Place cooked spring rolls in a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve immediately while still crispy and with sweet chili sauce or by making the dipping sauce provided. Enjoy!
Dipping Sauce Directions
- Combine all sauce ingredients and serve.
Created By @yvrhomecook