- 1 lb- (400g pkg) boneless, skinless Cod Fillets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- ¼ cup shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups (19oz can) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup coarse Bulgur
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Lemon juice
- Season cod with salt, pepper, cayenne, rosemary, and juice of half a lemon, set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven pot over medium, once hot add oil and shallots, cook for 3 minutes, add garlic and basil, and cook for another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine, bring to a boil.
- Lay cod pieces on top, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and remaining lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.