- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 10 to 12 slices pineapple, well-drained
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s® Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease the sides of a bundt pan (or tube pan, see note below) or a 9 x 13” baking pan, if you do not have a bundt pan. Prepare your “topping”, mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a small bowl, pour into your pan and arrange pineapple slices on mixture. Heat in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes then place cherries in the middle of the pineapple slices. Set aside.
- Prepare your cake batter; place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oil into a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment or in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until you get a sandy consistency. Add in the milk and egg, beat until smooth and well mixed.
- Carefully pour cake batter over fruit and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then carefully invert cake onto serving platter. Let stand 1 minute then remove pan. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream if desired.
TIP: Have a 2-piece leaky baking pan? Mix equal quantities of corn starch and water, about a tablespoon of each should be enough. Invert your pan and slowly pour the slurry along the seam where the two-parts meet creating a seal. Place the pan in your preheated oven for 1-2 minutes until dry. It is now ready to use and leak-proof.