- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann’s® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 polish sausages, fully cooked
- 12 popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish, lightly drained
- Mix whole wheat flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a mixer bowl.
- Combine cottage cheese, water and oil; heat to very warm, between 120° to 130°F. Add to flour mixture along with the egg. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour; beat 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 to 8 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut twelve 1-inch strips (each 10 inches in length). Wrap a strip around each Polish sausage, tucking ends under sausage. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 20 minutes, until puffy (dough will not double). Place in preheated 350°F oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and insert stick in one end. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- Combine mustard and relish in a small bowl.
Recipe Tip: These can be frozen after baking. To do, simply wrap tightly in foil, then freeze for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator, then either heat in 350° oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until heat through OR place Polish dog(s) on a plate and microwave about 45 seconds per dog until heated.