Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
With Mazola® Canola Oil
1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- 3 pounds of assorted root vegetables, like heirloom carrots, beets, parsnips, etc.
- ¼ cup of Mazola Canola Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted almond slivers
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash and peel vegetables.
- Cut all root vegetables in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss with Mazola Canola Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread out vegetables evenly in a single layer, do not overcrowd.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Flip and roast for an additional 20 minutes. Stir in the fresh herbs, reserving some for final garnish.
- If the vegetables look dry, drizzle a bit more oil and stir.
- Continue to cook for about another 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and browned.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh herbs, almond slivers and dried cranberries.