Sesame Rye Crusted Chicken Cutlets
With Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 lb- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or cutlets
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 10 Ryvita® Sesame crackers (about 1 cup crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann’s® Baking Powder for frying Mazola® Corn Oil
- To make cutlets prepare chicken breasts by cutting off the tenderloin section and then slicing each one horizontally, “butterfly”; separate into two pieces. Place the pieces into a large freezer bag and pound with a heavy pan or mallet until the pieces are 1/4” thick. Using a large bowl mix the yogurt and garlic together, add the chicken and coat well, let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature to marinate, or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- In a food processor, or heavy freezer bag, smash the crackers until a fine crumb. Transfer crumbs to a deep-dish;add the salt, pepper and baking powder mix well, set aside for breading the cutlets.
- Using a large, deep pot, fill ¼” deep with oil, set over medium-high heat. When a few crumbs added in oil sizzle, your pan is ready to go. Working in batches, take chicken from marinade and dredge in crumbs, fry the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove to paper towels, season with salt if desired and serve immediately.