- 2 to 3 pounds (1 to 1.5kg) boneless pork loin roast, cut into 2-inch chunks, visible fat removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 each sticks cinnamon
- 1 each whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Canola Oil
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro and queso fresco, optional
- Place pork, onion, tomato, bell pepper, garlic and chicken broth in a lined or greased slow cooker. Add chili and chipotle powders, oregano, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender.
- When cooking is complete, remove and discard cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Shred meat using two forks; drain meat but reserve the juices. Drizzle pork with oil, stir to combine.
- Preheat broiler to high. Place cooked pork on a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil meat 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy, but not burnt. Divide evenly between tortillas, top with cilantro and queso fresco, if desired.