Smoked Sausage Skillet Supper
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 7-1/2 ounces precooked smoked sausage ring
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine OR water
- Cut sausage lengthwise into quarters, then cut quarters crosswise into slices (about ¼ to ½ inch or 6 mm to 1 cm in size).
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat add oil and swirl to coat bottom of pot. Put sausage in pot and return pot to stove top.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except the wine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook for 10 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender, scraping bottom of pan several times to dislodge any browned bits. Spoon extra juice over meat and vegetables.