Southwest Rice Salad with Salsa Vinaigrette
With Mazola® Rightblend Oil
1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chipotle thick and chunky salsa, OR any flavor
- 3 tablespoons Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine salsa and Mazola RightBlend Oil in large serving bowl; whisk together to blend. Stir in warm rice, mix well.
- Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, carrot, jicama, green onion and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Stir in avocado and cilantro and serve immediately.