- 1 lb (454g pkg) boneless, skinless Halibut Fillets, fresh or thawed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- ¼ cup shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, lower thick end, outer layers removed, finely minced
- 1 chinese eggplant, halved lengthwise, then cut into ½“ slices
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, then cut into ¼” slices
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 ½“ lengths
- 1 can (400mL) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 red pepper, cut into ¼“ slices
- 1 Thai red chili, thinly sliced, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly (green parts)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Lime juice
- Season halibut with salt, pepper, and 1-tablespoon lime juice, set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven pot over medium-high, once hot add oil, shallots, ginger, garlic and lemongrass and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini and green beans, sauté for 3 minutes more. Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime zest, gently stir to combine, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer over medium-low.
- Add red peppers and chili (if using), stir and then lay halibut pieces on top, cover, and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish is cooked through depending on the thickness of your pieces.
- Turn off heat and let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and remaining lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with jasmine rice.