- 1-1/2 pounds (675 g) skinless turkey fillets, about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick, all visible fat removed
- 2 cups fat-free OR low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dillweed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse turkey fillets; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine marinade ingredients in an airtight plastic bag. Add turkey to marinade, turning to coat evenly. Seal and refrigerate for 1 to 12 hours, turning bag several times.
- Preheat grill or broiler. (if grilling, preheat on medium-high.)
- Remove turkey from marinade and discard liquid. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes; turn turkey and repeat on other side. (if broiling, set pan about 6 inches (15 cm) from heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side.) Turkey should be cooked through and no longer pink in center.
Tip: In most recipes, including this one you can substitute dried herbs for fresh, though the flavour won’t be quite as good. Use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs for every tablespoon of fresh herbs.