- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable juice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion; cook 3 minutes or until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Add vegetable juice, tomatoes, water, mixed vegetables, celery, oregano, bay leaf, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.