White Chicken Chili
With Mazola® Canola Oil
6 HOURS 30 MINUTES
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin seed
- 3/4 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (5.3 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro, optional
- Soak beans in four cups of water overnight.
- Combine flour, garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place chicken in bag and gently toss with flour mixture to completely coat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add chicken to skillet.
- Sauté chicken until lightly browned about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove any floating beans; drain water and place beans in slow cooker.
- Add vegetables, chicken broth, 1/2 cup salsa verde and water to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken in slow cooker; stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in remaining salsa verde, evaporated milk, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with sliced jalapenos and additional cilantro, if desired.