- ½ cup of pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tbls of unsalted butter
- 1 tbls of brown sugar
- 2 cups of green kale
- 2 cups of purple kale
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 1 medium apple (granny smith or honeycrisp)
- ½ cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tbls of Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 1 ½ tbls of white wine vinegar
- 1 tbls of dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbls of honey or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, melt butter, add pecans and brown sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the pecans are evenly coated.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Wash kale and apple.
- Remove the tough centre stem from the kale and roughly chop into bite sized pieces.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt over the kale and about 1 tsp of Mazola RightBlend Oil and massage the kale until the leaves turn soft and slightly darker in colour.
- Thinly slice the apple, removing the core and fan out on top of the salad. Sprinkle cranberries, pecans and goat cheese over top.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine.