- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion, fresh OR frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm water (120°F to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 8 pickle slices OR 1-1/2 tablespoons relish Ketchup and mustard, to taste
- 6 slices cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon whole white sesame seed
- Brown ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up beef with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add onion, salt and pepper; cook until almost tender (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat; drain if necessary.
- Mix batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate while meat browns.
- Top batter with salad dressing, followed by the cooked meat mixture; spread evenly over surface of dough.
- Layer with pickles, ketchup, mustard and cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven; turn oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.