- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup masa corn flour OR corn meal
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann’s Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120°F to 130°F)
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican style cheese
- Mix batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine chicken filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Top batter evenly with chicken filling.
- Pour salsa verde over chicken; sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.