- 1 cup blanched almond slivers
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Grind almonds very finely in a food processor.
- Combine ground almonds with flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Beat sugars, oil, eggs, orange peel and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer for 1 minute, until well combined and pale in color.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two (2-inch diameter) logs.
- Wrap logs in parchment or waxed paper and freeze for at least 2 hours or up to 1 month.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices and place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottom edges appear light golden brown.
- Cool cookies for 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Store in closed container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Suggestion: To garnish, sprinkle cookies with coarse sugar and top with almond slivers; lightly press into the surface just prior to baking.