- 1/2 cup warm water (100°F to 110°F)
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann’s Traditional Yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm milk (100°F to 110°F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon (about 6 strips)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil
- Place warm water into large bowl.
- Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved.
- Add warm milk, sugar, salt, butter and 2 cups flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, onion and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half.
- Divide each half into 30 smooth balls.
- Place 3 balls in each section of greased (2-1/2-inch) muffin cup.
- Cover; let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- *Brush rolls lightly with oil.
- Bake at 400oF for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from cups; serve warm.
* If desired, cover muffin pans loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator. Uncover rolls carefully; let stand 10 minutes. Bake as directed.