- 1 lb of Chicken Wings (8-10 pieces)
- 1 lb of Thick Cut Bacon
- 1 bottle of Mazola Corn Oil (1.18 L)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 bunch of Chives
- 1 oz Sesame Seeds
- 1 oz of Honey (More or less depending how sweet you like it)
To cook the chicken wings:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, and salt & pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Fully coat each wing with the seasoning mix and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 420°F. Then turn the wings over and bake for another 15
For the sauce:
- Heat saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Add tbsp of butter, watching to ensure it does not burn.
- Add BBQ Sauce.
- Add Honey.
- Bring sauce to a simmer for 3 min.
- Let cool.
To wrap the chicken wings with bacon:
- When wings are cool enough to handle, take one strip and wrap it around a wing, and pin it with a toothpick. This will prevent it from unraveling during the frying process.
- Pour the bottle of Mazola in a pot and heat up to 350 degrees. Temp with probe thermometer.
- Add wings carefully into oil with a pair of tongs and cook 2-3 minutes.
To sauce it up:
- In a mixing bowl add fully cooked wings with sauce from the pan. Mix until fully coated.
- Add wings to a plate and garnish with sesame seeds and chives.
Recipe created by @baconnationcanada