- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef shoulder roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 MakeGood Tomato OR Chicken Bouillon Packets OR 2 teaspoons Tomato Bouillon
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, peeled, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons canned pickled jalapeno OR serrano peppers with juice
- Combine oil, garlic, pepper and salt in a large skillet. Add beef and brown over medium high heat for 15 minutes. Stir in water and bouillon. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover pan and layer potatoes, then onion, then tomatoes. Add tomato sauce, jalapeñ;os and pickled juice. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.