Southwestern Veggie Burritos
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh OR frozen, thawed OR canned, drained)
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, divided
- 1-1/8 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Light sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and garlic; cook until crisp-tender.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add black beans, undrained tomatoes, corn and chipotle; heat through.
- Remove from heat, stir in avocado and cilantro.
To assemble burritos: Place 3/4 cup veggie mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup rice and 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold in short ends of tortilla, then one long end and then the other to form a burrito. Serve with sour cream, if desired.