- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin OR 1 pound peeled, cubed Calabaza pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk (or half and half)
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime OR lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stir in onion, carrots and ginger; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in pumpkin, chicken broth, coconut milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in sour cream and lime juice. (If using fresh cubed pumpkin, boil until softened; 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Puree soup until very smooth in an electric blender or using a stick blender.
- Garnish with a swirl of sour cream and sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: This soup is delicious served with traditional Tostonés as a garnish or accompaniment.