- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Canola Olive Oil Blend
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped into 6 to 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely minced canned chipotle pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon black fine grind pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 4 whole dried guajillo chile peppers
- 3 pounds skirt OR flank steak
- Place all ingredients except guajillo chile peppers and steak in a large food processor or blender. Place guajillo chile peppers in a microwave safe bowl or plate and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water. Microwave on HIGH for 15 to 20 seconds to soften. Wearing gloves, remove stems and seeds and cut each into 3 to 4 pieces; add to food processor. Pulse until marinade is well blended but still with visible texture. Reserve 1 cup marinade to serve as a sauce (refrigerate until ready to serve). Pour remaining marinade into a large bowl or shallow pan; add steak and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak over direct high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once (Flank steak will take 4 to 6 minutes longer). Remove to cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved marinade as a sauce.
Recipe Note: If guajillo chile peppers are not available, substitute 1 tablespoon chili powder.