Carrot Cake with Dried Cranberries and Cream Cheese Frosting
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1/3 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s® Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350˚F. Spray a 9 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Beat oil and sugar in large mixing bowl until blended. Add eggs, yogurt and vanilla; mix until blended. Stir in banana, carrots, cranberries and pineapple.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl; mix until blended. Gradually add flour mixture to carrot mixture; mix until just blended; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan in centre of oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooded pick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
Recipe provided by Rose Reisman.