Chicken Fajita Pasta with Chipotle Alfredo Sauce
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 8 ounces dried fusilli pasta
- 8 ounces (250g) uncooked marinated chicken fajita meat, all visible fat removed
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon bottled chipotle sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into 8 wedges (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pan off heat, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken thinly; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of skillet. Cook onion, bell peppers and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Push to one side of skillet.
- Add chicken to the other side of the skillet and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally. (When chicken is browned, combine with onion mixture and cook together until chicken is done.)
- Meanwhile, in a measuring cup or small bowl, combine milk, chipotle sauce, and pepper.
- Add chicken and milk mixture to cooked pasta. Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until warmed, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with tomato and olives and serve.