Chili Spiced Popcorn
With Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/4 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 3 tablespoon butter OR margarine, melted
- Combine chili powder, garlic salt and oregano in a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour oil in a deep, heavy saucepan.
- Heat, covered, for several minutes over medium-high heat.
- Lift the lid and put in a kernal of popcorn. When it pops, the oil is hot enough to add the remaining popcorn.
- Replace the lid and pop the corn, shaking the pan to avoid scorching.
- Remove from heat when popping has stopped.
- Let sit about 30 seconds to ensure all kernels are popped.
- Remove lid.
- Place popped popcorn in large plastic or paper bag; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Close bag and shake to evenly distribute seasoning.
- Drizzle butter over popcorn.
- Immediately close bag and shake until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Serve at once.