- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Fleischmann’s Corn Starch
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- About 2-1/2 cups Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined (thawed, if frozen)
- Combine flour and corn starch in a medium bowl.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water and soy sauce until smooth.
- Stir in additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until batter is just thick enough to coat shrimp (about the consistency of very heavy cream).
- Pour oil into 2-quart saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full.
- Heat over medium heat to 350°F.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of the hot oil into batter.
- Stir in baking powder.
- Coat shrimp with batter.
- Carefully add shrimp, a few at a time to hot oil; fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.