- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 (20 mL) teaspoons Fleischmann’s® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) + 1 tbsp (15 mL) Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 mL) tablespoon Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 2 oz (30 g) brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar (approx.)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) 2% milk (approx.)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; whisk in 1/4 cup oil. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined (do not over-mix; batter will be slightly lumpy). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 cup pancake batter into small bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, oil and cinnamon until well combined. Transfer to piping bag with 1/8-inch round tip; set aside.
Cream Cheese Icing:
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in icing sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon (icing should be thick enough to drizzle over pancakes; stir in up to 2 tbsp more icing sugar or 1 tbsp more milk as needed.
- Heat large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush with some of the remaining oil. Using 1/3 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Immediately pipe cinnamon swirl over each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden on the bottom. Wipe pan clean with paper towel between batches and brush with more oil as needed.
- Keep pancakes warm on rack in 275˚F (135˚C) oven. Just before serving, drizzle icing over each pancake.
- Tip: Serve pancakes with a sprinkle of toasted pecans, raisins or blueberries.