- 2 tbsp Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus tips cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable stock*
- 1 cup Arborio rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sugar snap peas rinsed, tough ends removed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn
- On your Instant Pot®, select Sauté Low. When the display reads “Hot,” add the Mazola® Canola Oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the onion. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off the Instant Pot® and stir in the garlic and asparagus, cooking for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, rice, peas, thyme, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, stirring well. Lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to Sealing. Using the Manual or Pressure Cook function, set the cooker to High Pressure for 8 minutes (7 minutes at sea level).
- When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the butter, lemon juice, and spinach, being gentle so as not to tear the snap peas. Taste and season with more salt, as needed.
*Note: to make vegetable stock, mix 2 vegetable bouillon cubes into 4 cups of boiling water.
Recipe created by Instant Pot, from the The Complete Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook By Barb Musick