- 2 small pie pumpkins
- 2 tbls of Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 tbls of Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp of yellow curry powder
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- Fresh sage leaves – fried
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash pumpkins thoroughly, slice in half and scoop out seeds.
- Brush oil over the pumpkins and place face down on a baking sheet.
- Cook until tender (approx. 30 minutes).
- Let cool and scoop out the flesh.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and puree.
- Set aside 2 cups of puree.
- In a large stock pot, heat 1 tbls of Mazola Canola Oil over medium/high heat and saute onions until softened.
- Add salt, turn heat down to medium and add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add curry powder and saute for another minute.
- Add 2 cups of pumpkin puree and 4 cups of stock and turn up to high heat.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, turn down to low heatand simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly and puree or blend soup mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into shot glasses and garnish with fried sage leaves, greek yogurt and roasted pumpkin seeds.