- 3 cups of corn oil
- 1 jar of garlic stuffed olives (750ml), drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Beat the egg in one bowl and set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl and set aside.
- Dip an olive in the egg, then place in the breadcrumbs firmly coating all sides, place back in the egg and again in the breadcrumbs and set aside on a plate. Repeat for remaining olives. Let the olives rest in the fridge for 15 minutes to help the breading adhere.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with paper towels. Once the oil reaches 325°F, cook the olives in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook until all sides are golden brown, approx 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain onto a paper towel-lined pan. Serve warm.