- 4 teaspoons Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups hot tap water
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut from cob OR frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
VEGETABLES AND BEANS:
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed OR 1-1/4 cups dried black beans, cooked and drained)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice OR wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Stir bouillon into hot water to make broth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until it begins to turn bright white. Stir in corn, onion, garlic and cumin and cook for 2 more minutes or until onions are softened.
- Pour prepared broth into rice and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add bell pepper, zucchini, black beans and tomatoes on top of the rice. Cover tightly and steam for 5 more minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in lime juice and cilantro; serve immediately.