- 4 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ¼ cup polenta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper, to taste
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To a medium pot, add chicken broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add polenta while quickly stirring with a whisk to prevent from clumping.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to cook.
- Stir frequently for approximately about 25 minutes.
- Add butter and parmesan then mix thoroughly.
- If polenta becomes too thick, add more broth.
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP :
- Add canola oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for about 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic, paprika and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in white wine and add shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Allow to cook until shrimp turns pink and is opaque, 4 minutes.
- Add parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley.
Recipe by: Bobbie Rose