Gluten-Free Vegan Noodles
With Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour, plus 1-2 tablespoons for kneading
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Vegetable Oil Oil
- Mix the flaxseed and warm water together to make a “Flegg” (egg substitute), set aside to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine gluten-free flour and salt together.
- Add the “flegg” and oil to flour and mix well.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface (using your Gluten-Free flour mix); knead for approximately 3-5 minutes or until smooth. If your mix is a little dry, add 1 teaspoon of oil at a time until you have dough that holds together. If it is too wet sprinkle your surface with more of your Gluten-Free flour as you are kneading.
- If you have a pasta machine feel free to use it at this point, follow the manufacturers instructions for making noodles.
- To make by hand, divide dough into two balls, wrap one in plastic while rolling out the other piece into a rectangle shape as thin as possible, about 2mm thick.
- Dust pasta lightly with Gluten-Free flour and loosely roll up from long edge like a jelly roll and slice into noodles to your desired width, about ¼“ wide is perfect for fettuccine.
- Unroll and flatten out pieces.
- Continue with second ball, repeating the process.
- Once your water is boiling carefully add all of your pasta to the water.
- Boil for 3 to 5 minutes or al dente, you can test a piece to see if it is ready, carefully remove a strand from the pot and taste for doneness.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your noodles.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
- Pasta is best used immediately and cooked from fresh state.