Gourmet Pizza Burger
With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into rings or strips
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- Gently shape into 5-inch burgers. Season burgers on both sides with burger seasoning.
- Grill over Direct Medium heat (350° to 450°F) with the lid closed as much as possible, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F for medium, 12 to 15 minutes, turning once. Top with cheese just before removing from grill.
- While the burgers are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; mix well. Simmer over low heat until burgers are ready.
- Serve on hamburger buns, topping each with the onion and pepper pizza sauce.