- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- 5 tablespoons Mazola® Canola Olive Oil Blend
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- To blanch beans, fill a large stock pot half-way with water. Leave enough room for the beans. Bring to a boil over high heat; add beans and return to a full boil. Boil beans 5 minutes. Drain beans and immediately place in large bowl filled with ice water. Let sit 3 minutes; drain thoroughly. Pat dry with paper toweling. Set aside.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, onion, garlic, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk in 4 tablespoons oil slowly; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet. Add beans and sauté 3 three minutes. Add vinaigrette; stir beans to coat and sauté an additional 3 minutes or until heated through. Transfer beans to serving platter; top with almonds and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tip – Both the vinaigrette and blanched green beans can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator.
Frozen Green Bean Variation: Skip the blanching step and sauté frozen beans in large covered skillet for 3 to 4 minutes. Follow remaining directions.