Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
With Mazola® Canola Oil
RUB FOR STEAK:
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 pounds skirt steak (or substitute hanger OR flat iron steak)
- 1/2 cup Mazola RightBlend Oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lightly crushed leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black fine grind pepper
- In a medium size bowl, add the dry rub ingredients mix well. Drizzle the corn oil over the entire flank steak, sprinkle with the dry rub mix.
- Preheat grill and lightly brush with oil. Grill steak over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Transfer meat to a cutting board; let rest while preparing the sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in blender or food processor. Pulse until mixture is finely minced. Slice steak across the grain and place on serving plate. Drizzle with Chimichurri Sauce.