WHOLE WHEAT CRUST:
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann’s® Traditional Yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (100°F to 110°F)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
QUICK PIZZA SAUCE:
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable toppings as desired: fresh spinach, sliced onion, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots, sliced broccoli florets, sliced olives, diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, etc
- Combine yeast and warm water in small bowl and set aside. Combine flours, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Pour in yeast mixture and oil; mix until dough forms.
- Knead on clean surface with lightly oiled hands OR continue mixing in stand mixer with dough hook for 3 minutes. Shape dough into ball and place in bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Spray top of dough and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Combine pizza sauce ingredients and set aside. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease two baking sheets OR line with parchment paper. Punch dough down and divide into 8 portions. Roll each crust on a clean counter top with a rolling pin or press out with hands. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crust. Spread sauce over crust. Top with desired vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until crust is browned and cheese is brown and bubbly.
Recipe note: Pizza dough may be frozen for up to 1 month. For best results, freeze after dough has risen and has been punched down. Divide into 8 portions; shape each into a round disc. Wrap each portion tightly in plastic wrap or place in a resealable plastic bag. Thaw in the refrigerator and then use as the recipe directs.