- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Several grinds sea salt & black pepper grinder
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mazola Canola Oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced (1/2-inch) potatoes
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Combine lime juice and water; pour over chicken. Toss chicken to ‘wash’ well; drain.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes; place in mixing bowl. Add curry powder, garlic, allspice, ginger, salt and pepper. Toss until chicken is evenly seasoned. Stir in scallions. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Add potatoes and enough water to cover 1-inch. Place lid on pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove lid last 10 minutes of cooking.