- 1L Mazola Corn Oil for deep frying
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp semolina / suji
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ghee
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tsp Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (crushed)
- 2 green chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- pinch of hing
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 potato (mashed)
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp salt
1. Prepare the Kachori dough. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, add ghee and mix. Add water and knead into a soft dough, adding extra water if needed. Rest for 20 minutes.
2. Prepare the stuffing by heating 2 tsp Mazola Corn Oil, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp coriander seeds and saute until aromatic.
3. Add 2 green chilli, ½ tsp ginger paste and saute for 30 seconds.
4. Keeping the heat low, add rest of the spices and saute.
5. Add 2 mashed potatoes, ½ tsp salt and mix well.
6. Potato stuffing for Kachori is ready. Set aside.
7. Pinch a small lemon sized ball of the dough and flatten it.
8. Scoop 2 tsp of prepared stuffing and place in the centre of the dough.
9. Pinch the edges together to form a bundle.
10. Close the top by pressing and flattening the edges together.
11. Gently press the edges and shape to flatten into 4 inch size.
12. Fill a pot with 1L Mazola Corn Oil and heat on medium. When Mazola Corn Oil is medium hot, add prepared Kachori and fry until golden brown.
13. Serve Kachori as it is or with your favourite sauce
Recipe created by @kaur.mama.moments