- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup Mazola Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups zucchini, grated, tightly packed
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup icing (powdered) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using two 8 x 4” loaf pan, grease and dust with flour, or line pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the oil, eggs and sugar together until fluffy and pale, about 2 minutes, add the zest, lemon juice and ginger along with the dry ingredients, mix on medium speed for 30 seconds, just until combined.
- Fold in the zucchini and pecans.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool slightly before removing from pan, then place on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes before glazing.
- Prepare the glaze mixing the honey, lemon juice and icing sugar together. Pour over warm loaf.