With Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds (750 g) fish fillets, such as Atlantic OR Pacific Halibut
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (regular OR nonalcoholic) OR low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dillweed OR 1/4 teaspoon dried Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Lightly spray a 13 X 9 X 2-inch (33 X 33 X 5 cm) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange onion slices in baking dish.
- Top with fish.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper and parsley.
- Spoon evenly over fish.
- In a measuring cup, combine wine, lemon juice, dillweed and pepper.
- Pour over fish.
- Bake fish, covered for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle over fish and vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- For 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick fillets, such as sole or orange roughy, bake for 15 to 20 minutes, covered; then 5 minutes uncovered.