- 8 white potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1650ml Mazola Corn Oil
- 250g Montreal smoked meat
- 1 pickle
- 2 green onions
- 500g cheese curds
- 398ml poutine sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cut 8 white potatoes into a French fry shape and soak them in a bowl of water for at least 10 minutes to remove excess starch.
- Meanwhile, chop the red onion, pickle and green onions to prepare your garnish.
- Rinse the potatoes and boil them for 3 minutes in a pot with cold water.
- In a hot skillet with a knob of butter, caramelize the red onion with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- In a pot, heat about a bottle and a half of Mazola Corn Oil to between 350-375°F. Test to see if the Mazola Corn Oil is hot enough by dropping in a single French fry.
- Once the Mazola Corn Oil is ready, drain the raw French fries very well, pat dry and put them in the pot until they turn golden (approximately 3 minutes).
- When the fries are ready, take them out, salt them and let them rest on a paper towel for 30 minutes, then put them back in the hot Mazola Corn Oil until they become crispy.
- Heat the smoked meat and the poutine sauce as indicated on the package then cut the smoked meat into pieces.
- In a dish, add the French fries, garnish cheese curds, smoked meat, gravy and the rest of the ingredients and enjoy!
Created By @Guide_de_survie_pour_mono