- 1 tablespoon Mazola Canola Oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 15-ounce can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-ounce can no-salt-added lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15-ounce can no-salt-added navy beans, rinsed, drained, and slightly mashed
- 6 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 cup imitation bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- Heat a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Cook the onions for 9 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring constantly. (Watch carefully so they don’t burn.)
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, to blend flavours.
- To serve, remove the bay leaves. Ladle the soup into bowls.